Community Asset Fund
- New capital programme £1-£150k, aims to be more responsive to applicants’ needs.
- 2 stage process will support applications from organisations that haven’t applied before, no deadlines, £15m per year available.
- Less burden of paperwork for smaller grants £1-£15k small capital for emergency repairs, flood restoration, etc.
- Medium grants £20-£50k will be the majority of grants to repair or new build facilities.
- Only over £50k by exception and up to a maximum of £150k for hard to reach groups and organisations that haven’t been funded before.
- Excluded projects: playgrounds, football only, small scale cricket (kitchen areas, pitch covers, energy/water consumption, flood defences).
- https://www.sportengland.org/funding/community-asset- fund/
- Funding of between £300 and £10,000 for projects that total cost doesn’t exceed £50,000.
- Your project needs to meet one or more aims of the Sport England Towards an Active Nation strategy; get inactive people to become more active; develop more resilient sporting habits; lead to more positive attitudes among young people; develop more diverse volunteers; improve progression and inclusion in talent development.
- For a step-by- step guide visit https://www.sportengland.org/funding/small-grants/
- Surrey Playing Fields: http://www.surreyplayingfields.co.uk/index.php?page=grants-loans offers loans of up to £50,000, grants of up to £1,000. SPF also supports the development of coaches and young athletes so apply now.
- Landfill Operators: www.veoliatrust.org and www.biffa-award.org/ have relaunched their schemes. Others: www.suezcommunitiestrust.org.uk/ & www.viridor-credits.co.uk/
- Tesco Bags of Help: relaunched with new levels of funding available:
- http://www.groundwork.org.uk/Sites/tescocommunityscheme/pages/Category/bo h-grant- for-project-tes
- Comic Relief: Sport for hard to reach groups (e.g. disabled people) fundable through Comic Relief this year (£500-£1000) http://cfsurrey.org.uk/apply-for- funding