Grant money is what so many clubs are looking for. Money for a new roller for a bowls club, or a new cricket net to replace an old tatty one. Sport Haslemere will try and help source your funding but we regret we won’t fill in the forms for you.
Haslemere Town Council
To apply, your club needs to be in the Haslemere area. Capital expenditure is available only on a match funding basis. The Grants Committee meet every 2 months. They have a funding pot of £10,000 each year. http://www.haslemeretc.org/images/documents/GP/ApplicationForm.pdf
Haslemere Sports Association
- Haslemere Sports Association (HSA) is to make available a sum of £7,500 per annum for the development of sporting facilities in the area of Haslemere and district.
- The fund is to provide facilities for sport, leisure and the development of health and fitness in the area, all for recreation and leisure time occupation.
- Sport Haslemere (SH) will administer the fund on behalf of HSA, receiving applications for funding and recommending grants for approval by the HSA Board of Directors.
- Applications are now invited for the first round of grants and must be received by 31st October. Decisions will be made by 31st December and successful applicants will be provided with funding at that time.
- All applications must be made on the attached Grant Application Form and include details of the project; the estimated total costs; the sum being requested; details of how the balance of costs are to be met and a copy of the latest set of accounts for the organisation. Completed application forms should be sent to : Adrian Blyth,Headley Rd, Grayshott,GU26 6LB or e-mailed to Adrian@adrianblyth.com
- Preference will be given to organisations who are active supporters of SH both in terms of membership and in attendance at events sponsored by them. Organisations will be required to produce evidence of this support.
- Final decisions about all grant applications rests with the Board of Directors of HSA
Active Surrey have a very useful page for grant money http://www.activesurrey.com/clubs-and-coaches/funding
Waverley Council also have a useful page http://www.waverley.gov.uk/info/200047/grants/1584/waverley_4_community_-_search_for_funding_opportunities
For facilities like a new pavilion or a new 3G football pitch, please use the contact form in the Contact page. We would like to get involved in these projects and involve Active Surrey, Active Sussex and Sport England. Sport England being the biggest grant provider.
The essential part for these larger projects is to explain clearly the need. Why is it needed and then we can all approach the relevant sports authorities and Sport England.
Case studies ~ how we’ve helped our members
Beacon Hill Junior Football Club £1,800 for pitch repairs
Grayswood Cricket Club £1,300 for roller replacement
Haslemere Hockey Club £625 for coaching
Calmelsdale School £500 for tarmac of games area
Grayshott Cricket Club £1,300 for second Broxhead Ground, click here for details
Grayshott Football Club £500 for floodlights
A total of £7,680 has been recommended to be given this year to the following Sport Haslemere clubs. If your club wants grant money, then please apply.